Wellness Groups and Workshops
Wellness Groups and Workshops at the Counselling and Wellness Centre at MDABC
As part of the MDABCs mission to offer holistic wellness education to those seeking to live a more balanced life, we are pleased to offer workshops and groups focussed on a variety of topics related to personal and community wellbeing.
EVERYONE NEEDS MENTAL HEALTH WORKSHOP:
A workshop from Lookout Housing and Health Society – MDABC Site
This free workshop, 2 hours in length is being offered to Non-Profit and Governmental organizations to engage in the important conversation around mental health literacy. We will be glad to come to your office to deliver! The Everyone Needs Mental Health workshop is fun, interactive and engages different learning styles. It's a great way to get your organization involved in an important conversation about mental health!
In this workshop, participants will:
- Understand how mental health is an essential part of overall health
- Learn how to identify mental health concerns related to mood disorders
- Explore ways to get help for yourself, a co-worker or a loved one
- Discover how you can help to reduce the stigma around mental health issues
- Get tips and tools for starting conversations with someone you are concerned about
Our facilitator, Heidi Morgan has over 4 years experience workshop facilitation, has developed and delivered many training curriculum programs for staff and volunteers and loves facilitating a group experience that gets people thinking about the wellness of themselves and others!
If you would like to request a workshop, please fill out the form here: https://www.cognitoforms.com/MoodDisordersAssociationOfBC/LookoutMDABCWorkshopRequestForm
This workshop would not be possible without the generous support of the Provincial Health Services Authority