The Mood Disorders Association of BC (MDABC) is a nonprofit organization that provides support, options, education, and hope of recovery for people living with a mood disorder or other mental illness. We serve to build awareness and understanding in communities throughout the province, reaching out to as many people as possible. Join a support group, learn more about mental illness, and take positive steps towards recovery. MDABC can assist you in your journey.
To provide psychiatric services, support and education for people with mood disorders, their families, their friends, their colleagues and their communities.
- Provide psychiatric services through Group Medical Visits;
- Provide support and friendship for those with mental illness, their family, and friends;
- Educate the community, provide information, and share experiences about mood disorders;
- Encourage the development of effective self-help models;
- Encourage research into mood disorders and self-help models;
- Link with national and international mood disorder associations;
- Reduce the stigma of mood disorders.
We celebrate our partnerships with individuals, their families, professionals, and agencies. We believe in, value, and respect:
- The potential of each individual;
- Understanding, empathy, and listening as the cornerstones of self-help;
- Sharing and caring as the basis for healing;
- Honesty, trust, and confidentiality;
- Inclusiveness, community, and hope;
- The equality of all members in democratic, participative decision-making;
- The choices of individuals taking responsibility for their actions;
- The contributions of individuals and their families and friends;
- The skills of professionals and their role in recovery and support;
- Learning and self-awareness as part of the education process;
- Research as part of best treatment and recovery.