The Mood Disorders Association of BC (MDABC)
"Working Together for Mental Wellness"
The MDABC is a nonprofit organization that provides treatment, support, education, and hope of recovery for people living with a mood disorder. We serve to build awareness and understanding in communities throughout the province, reaching out to as many people as possible.
- Reduce the stigma of mood disorders
- Cultivate an inclusive community that promotes wellbeing
- Provide rapid access to mental health services
- Encourage the development of effective self-help models
- Encourage research into mood disorders and self-help models
We celebrate our partnerships with individuals, their families, professionals, and agencies. We believe in, value, and respect:
- The potential of each individual
- Understanding, empathy, and listening as the cornerstones of self-help
- Sharing and caring as the basis for healing
- Honesty, trust, and confidentiality
- Inclusiveness, community, and hope
- Participative decision-making in treatment options
- The choices of individuals taking responsibility for their actions
- The contributions of individuals and their families and friends
- The skills of professionals and their role in recovery and support
- Learning and self-awareness as part of the education process
- Research as part of best treatment and recovery
Learn more about MDABC:
MDABC is working hard to provide a greater variety of services to more people in more communities using our rapid access approach.